Monday, September 12, 2011

Yes, please.



A lot has happened since my last post, yet I can't quite figure out what it is I want to say.  My heart feels full and I think if someone wanted to listen, I could talk for hours. For now, all I have to say is I am a very lucky girl.

 I am so grateful for the people who surround me. My loving, hilarious little German boy, our new roommate  and all the meals we've shared. "Friday night coffee and Saturday night tea" is the best way I can describe life in this gorgeous apartment. The pace, it seems, has slowed right down since we've made it ours. I feel so relaxed and at home in this house, with these boys.  The space always seems to fill itself up with beautiful people.

I've been practising listening to my gut and acting on it and this summer's proven to be a success because of that. The cool crisp air is making me want to reorganize everything, give away clothes, get rid of useless things, blow the dust off my projects.. It's September Syndrome. Back to school. Harvesting. New projects. Cleansing time. I just want to be outside. I am, hands down, an autumn lover.

Our last adventure was in Port Felix, NS. Daniel was brave and ventured out with my father and I for a few days to meet up with aunt Carmel at her summer house on the south-east shore of NS. My great aunt Rosa, whom I absolutly love to hang out with, met us there with her husband Herman (also German) with a lovely couple of their friends. It was funny to hear the two foreigners speak to each other in their mother tongue. Something I've never seen Herman do, as long as I've known him! Ironically, the 50+ kept us awake all night, both nights. I love my family.
Carmel has a thing for building mini Inukshuks.. they look out on the water.